PSKC Facebook

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

GO PALEO!

Ahhh yes...more posts about nutrition. No one wants to hear about how they have to give up grains, pasta, bread, dairy, etc...well tough. My job is to keep beating you in the head until you submit. Why? Because I don't want you to be like me. For pretty much my whole adult life, I thought I could outtrain my diet. Just bust ass in the gym, and then I could eat/drink whatever I wanted. What happened? I got a beer belly and chipmunk cheeks...aka I got overweight. I was still working my ass off in the gym but was just maintaining a rather soft 225lbs...not good when you're 5'10" with heels on.

So what did I do...started focusing on eating right and following the Paleo/Primal way of eating. In the last month or so I've gotten pretty serious about it...and what happened? I lost fat..and got stronger. For the first time since high school/college days I'm looking at being under 200. Not that a certain number is my goal...but still it's pretty cool.

As I got more serious I wanted to learn why...then I read the Paleo Solution, by Robb Wolf...and everything made sense.

If you want to get serious about your health, buy the book "The Paleo Solution", by Robb Wolf. You'll learn why eating a grain/sugar based diet is going to make you soft, sick, and weak...






For total health, you must eat right, train hard, and eliminate stress....all 3 have to be in harmony. We'll take care of the exercise part...but it's the other 23 hours of the day you're responsible for...you can do this. When you're ready here are some useful links to help you along your journey:

http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/thePaleoSolution_QuickStart.pdf
http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thePaleoSolution_FoodMatrix.pdf

Now am I 100% Paleo all the time? No...should I be..yes. But I stick to the 80/20 rule...eating Paleo 80% of the time, which is a helluva better than I was. Plus it's nice to have the weekly cheat day...God bless Saturdays!

Keep working hard and tearing it up, and seriously consider eating the Paleo/Primal/Caveman way...you'll be happy you did. And it ain't just me...go look at Troy the next time you see him in the gym and ask him what's he done...

No comments:

Post a Comment