PSKC Facebook

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Importance of Being Awesome..

Awesome…


I know I use the word “awesome” a tremendous amount…but this past Saturday was AWESOME. PSKC rolled 15 deep up to Troy Ohio, to compete in the first ever Crossfit Back at the Ranch competition. I cannot adequately express nor describe the experience, other than to say every single person loved it. Later in the week I’ll post a bunch of photos and videos as they become available so you guys can see firsthand how much fun we all had. In the span of 4 workouts we got to experience:


Buddy Carry Trail Runs

½ mile run with 2 X 22lb bags of ice

Handstand Pushups

Thrusters, Pullups, Swings

Max front squats and max snatch

Log splitting, stone lifting, and bag drags



Leading up to the night before here’s a couple of the texts I got:

“I’m getting pumped, I need some competition back in my life”

“I haven’t felt like this since I stopped playing football, best feeling in the world”

Yes it was a great day filled with great people and cool events. But more importantly each person got to compete..not against other teams, but against themselves. There were so many highlights and so many firsts. The Grizz getting his first pullup, and doing his first thruster. Booboosan cranking out her first handstand pushups, the Machine being the oldest competitor there by far and setting an awesome Snatch PR. Watching Brandon and the Cyborg crank stone lifts like it was a ball of yarn. Just watching team PSKC newbies in action was a highlight in itself. I honestly don’t know if I would have had the stones to go compete just after less than 60 days of training. And this is just the tip of the iceberg..


If you talk to anybody that went they will tell you how amazing it was to be in that atmosphere and environment. They all are better today because of what they did on Saturday, and that’s the whole point.

Equally important, everyone learned about themselves and now has a renewed sense of energy and urgency to work on our weaknesses, all in the name of becoming better. I’m damn proud of our little warehouse gym. You guys never cease to amaze.

We have lots to work on, lots to look forward to, and lots to be thankful for… to all those who stepped up, battled their nerves, and threw down. It’s always better to be in the game than watching from the sidelines no matter the outcome…thank you for being so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment